The course aim is to
Daily programme started at 9.30 am and ended with a service at 4.15 pm, ending at 5 pm (5.30 pm on the third day). Music was provided. Robes were worn, but members of unrobed choirs were equally welcome. Course Music List
- improve your singing of hymns, psalms, canticles, anthems and Easter carols
- learn new music
- improve your tone, diction, breath control, and phrasing
- receive expert tuition from first-rate musicians
- meet choristers from other churches
- see friends from previous courses, and to make new friends on this one
- have the chance to be one of those chosen to sing in Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford on Saturday, April 12th
- perhaps win a scholarship to a one-week RSCM Residential Course, if you are 14 or under (up to 2 such awards may be made at the end of this course.) Report from our 2013 prizewinner.
NB: Choir trainers and clergy
were specially invited to attend practices
as well as the daily service. Choir Trainers wishing to observe the training sessions were most welcome to do so, but first obtained prior consent by contacting the Course Director, and in the case of the house sessions, the Housemaster, in person at the beginning of the session.
Enquiries: Philip Bowcock (0118 9543481)
Reports on past Easter Courses:
2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
Comments on the 2013 course
Please can I come again next year?
My daughter very much looks forward to this course each year and enjoys the 'school day structure' as well as the chance to sing and learn with so many other enthusiastic choristers.
My son had a wonderful time.
Lovely opportunity for my daughter to sing traditional church choral music with lots of children in such a beautiful place.
Lovely to be able to attend the Evensong services each day - very special and super to hear the improvement from day to day.
This was an excellent course - great value for money and seemed to be enjoyed by all.
More comments (pdf)