MA MSt (Oxon) ARCO (DipCHD)
Lecturer in Music,
St Catherine's College, Oxford
For trebles and sopranos aged 9 to 16, this course will make good use of your Easter holiday!
Join the 100 + choristers who attend the Oxford Three-Day Course each year to
- Improve your singing of hymns, psalms, canticles, anthems and Easter carols
- Learn new music
- Improve your tone, diction, breath control, and phrasing
- Sing in the beautiful acoustic of an Oxford College Chapel
- Receive expert tuition from first-rate musicians
- Meet choristers from other churches
- See friends from previous courses, and to make new friends on this one
- Possibly be invited to sing in Christ Church Cathedral on the Saturday following the Course
- Perhaps win a scholarship to the Bath 1-week RSCM Residential Course if you are under 14 (Up to 2 such awards may be made at the end of this course.)
Daily programme starts at 9.30 am and ends with a service in New College Chapel at 4.15 pm, ending at 5 pm (5.30 pm on the third day). Music is provided. Robes are worn, but members of unrobed choirs are equally welcome.
NB: Choir trainers and clergy
are specially invited to attend practices
in New College Chapel
as well as the daily service. Choir Trainers who wish to observe the training sessions are most welcome to do so, provided that they obtain prior consent by contacting the Course Director, and in the case of the house sessions, the Housemaster, in person at the beginning of the session.
Make the course widely known and bring as many people as you can to the services!
COST: £42 (Excluding refreshments – bring a packed lunch and tea; however, soft drinks are provided.)
Enquiries: Philip Bowcock (0118 9543481)